Tuesday 3 November 2015

The See Me Exposure Award Book

 Exposure Photography book!
I was super excited when this book came through the mailbox, I couldn’t believe that my own photograph was inside this book!

It is now pride of place in my little bookshelf, however I have got it back down to talk about it. 
A couple months ago back in April maybe, there was a competition from the Exposure Award, SEE ME. I was thoroughly intrigued and wanted to know more. It is obviously about photographs and at one point in my life I really wanted to be a photographer, then it changed to be in graphic design under the heading of: print, web design, typographer and book design.

What I mean is, you’re outlook on what you want to do in your life changes. 
Mine changed and I felt bad about it etc, however going back to the subject at hand. I wanted my photographs to be included in this wonderful thing. 
I sent in around 4-5 photographs that I thought would be good enough.

They sent an email back saying which one that the judges liked the most and honestly, I was thrilled. I didn’t expect anything really! They said they liked this photography of a place in Ireland which me and family went too. So I obviously took pictures to remind myself later on and remember the beautiful places where we went on our holiday.

Then it was picked to go in the photography book! They wanted to use my picture! In a book! I couldn’t believe it. I nearly cried, it was such a big achievement for me. Now when people ask what my greatest achievement is, I can say “Having one of my photographs in a book!” — it makes me feel great! Also the book is beautiful, bound in black and looks really beautiful.
 Simple, yet beautiful.

My piece of photography was in the Architecture Collection
Everyone else's work in this book was simply stunning, I just wish it said where the photographs were taken:




No comments:

Post a Comment