Tuesday 3 November 2015

Little White Lies Magazine

I really love this magazine! The magazine is called Little White Lies and this is the Issue / No 61. and it is the September / October Edition.

I purchased this magazine in London when I went for a 3 day adventure, I purchased this from a place called FOPP – which if you have no idea what that it, it's basically like a HMV except it was in London...

These magazines have a tagline and this is: TRUTH & MOVIES // I again really like this as I really like movies and find that it would be an interesting read. For this editon however, it is to do with The Crimson Peak - a new film with Tom Hiddleston, Mia Wasikowska and among others. 

The cover for this is truly stunning, as soon as I saw it I knew that I had to purchase this beautiful magazine. I had seen their other covers for various other issues. This was of George Clooney for Gravity, I believe. The image for this cover is located below:


The Crimson Peak Cover looks like this and it is utterly beautiful:


/ Honestly, I think what makes this particular cover for me sing is the use of the colours. I love the deep magentas and purples and also the use of a blue for highlighting of the candles to give an even more ghosty effect. 

Within the magazine is talks about various things this being:
6-11 The Great Guillermo 
12- 15 The Marvellous Mia
20- 23 The First Haunted House
24- 27 A Lwlies Haunted House Fun Map
28- 32 Reign in Blood
34- 39 Ghost Writing
40- 42 The New Dark House

Also in the magazine they have reviewed content this ranging from:
Horse Money, Interview: Pedro Costa, Mia Madre, Everest, Legend, Macbeth, Suffragette, Ex - Rent Hall Presents... The Haunted Mansion, and many, many more.

The pieces in this seem to scream, Halloween, Ghosts and all other supernatural beings. As Crimson Peak is a new film and this is also to do with Ghosts, and the presence of the Supernatural. I like that it obviously ties in with their theme. I really like that, I think that, this is a wonderful way to sell a product. 

The artwork in the magazine is really quirky and beautiful, it is like that of a comic strip. It also has a very changing art style, one piece looks like that of a Van Gough because of the lines used in the drawing. However, another looks like that of a tattoo style, which is heavily created with great uses of roses, and the colour red.

Overall this magazine is a winner in my book. It is a beautiful show case of art and writing skills, it also makes you want to read what is produced into this beautiful little book. I really think that it was created, well laid out and thought through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment