Tuesday 3 November 2015

Information is beautiful

Information is Beautiful
This is a really beautiful book on infographics. I had been eyeing this book up for a few weeks and I then decided that for this particular brief it could help open up my eyes to the way people create infographics. This book was created by David McCandless, and it is a really interesting read. The visuals in the book look so pleasing to the eye. 

My favourites in the book are that of the "Taste Buds" section, I really like this beautiful visual piece of work. I like that it starts with a main theme, like "Meat" and follows it off with stems. The next pieces connecting to the words meat are: Pork, Rabbit, Veal, All Meat, Bacon, Beef, Kidneys and Liver. 
On these, there are also little branches coming off each of them too! I really like that it's really packed with information yet it an interesting and none boring way. 

On the Bacon section the other branches are as follows:
Basil, Cabbage, Chives, Coriander, French Beans, Lemon, Liver, Mustard, Oregano, Rabbit, and Thyme. 

//

It is also a website, which is Information is Beautiful // I like that this also has majority of the infographic from the book on the website, however as I really love the idea of having a book as to using the website I opted for the book. Their website is also really beautiful and eye catching.

I really like this book. It is truly awe inspiring and is really eye catching. I really like the use of bold colours and the choice of fonts used in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment