Tuesday 3 November 2015

Geeky Monkey Magazine

This magazine is somewhat alien / new to me. I've never heard of this magazine until literally yesterday, I normally know quite a few niche magazines because of working at WHSmiths on the Motorway I assume that I know quite a few little magazines, however I was quite wrong.

Geeky Monkey is quite new, as this issue is only their 2nd edition however they have quite a big backing fanbase if you will. On FaceBook their page has 5,993 followers, that's pretty impressive if this is only their second ever issue! 

However the magazine is really well packed, it has literally everything that I know what I look for in a magazine, and that is: 
Movies, Games, Tech, and Comics, they other feature that they add into their magazine is toys. 

I really like the name for the magazine as it is something that you can easily remember, and it's like that saying you've heard before, "Cheeky Monkey". I really like that it was put into a context that works for their magazine identity. It's a cute play on words and again it is easy to remember, and stands out I think.

The magazine in question, as it's only the second edition is still impressive. It talks about major things that are happening right now, especially in the TV Industry, and by that I mean GoT.

If you do not know what GoT is, then let me tell you that you should know what this is by now. This is the biggest TV programme since its first episode. That of course is Game of Thrones. This has literally just started to get popular because of the TV show, however before that they were simple little books that came out in the 90's (1996 I believe...) However, no one particularly put up a fuss until now. 

As with magazines, they need catchy titles to be able to sell, like most things. This one's was to do with (SPOILER) the interesting death* of Jon Snow, a major character! Why?! Why on Earth would HBO kill off a major character?! – But wait, in the magazine it explains that 
" Exclusive
Jon Snow is Alive - Game of Thrones hasn't killed off its biggest star!" - FULLY relived. 

I really like that it was to do with something that I find to be of great interest, I'm more than half way into the first book which is A Song of Ice and Fire, which is where Game of Thrones is based off of. 

Also, including in this great magazine of which I have only just found out about, is Steve Jobs – The movie, Doctor Who, and Star Wars Battlefront amongst many more...

Overall, I really do like this magazine, they also have a website: Geeky Monkey
Again, it is mostly similar to that of their magazine however this is obviously on a web page and wouldn't set you back £4.25

On there you can see the likes of:





No comments:

Post a Comment