Tuesday 3 November 2015

Intricate 3D Sculptures Made From Books

By Isobelle Ouzman

Seattle-based artist Isobelle Ouzman carves intricate 3D illustrations into discarded books found in various places like that of dumpsters, recycling bins, and also local thrift shops. 
According to Ouzman, it was her love of reading that has inspired her to embark on this project, adding that it’s her way of making them “mean something once more.”

She’s cutting and pasting the books into layered fairy tale scenes that amaze us. Her whimsical and monochromatic environments can be purchased via her Etsy shop for around €400 per piece.
I would to be honest purchase anything that Isobelle has created, her work is visually stunning and I thought it would be worth mentioning on my blog. 

I really love creative this entire project is and how she can create someone so magical and beautiful, from something so old and decrepit. 




Above, are the beautiful images she has created from these old books, I honestly could not tell that these were from old books. I genuienley thought that these were books already available to buy on the market. I did not think for a second that they were from books that were found in a dumpster.

I suppose, that this is the very essence of art. That no matter how old something is, it can always gain life from something it was before to now. 
I think that owning one of these magnificent books would be an amazing piece to have, and to keep for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment