Sunday 26 April 2015

Lucien Clergue //

French photographer Lucien Clergue died in Nîmes on November 15, aged 80, after a long illness. Born in Arles in 1934, Clergue was more than an image-maker, best-known for his sultry nudes and striking pictures of dead bulls. He belonged to the handful of people who tore down the barriers separating fine art and photography in France. A real champion of the medium, he founded Les Rencontres d’Arles in 1970, setting a blueprint for photography festivals worldwide. In 2006, he was elected at France’s Académie des Beaux-Arts, the first photographer ever to receive the accolade.

My own opinions:
I really found Lucien's work to be really surprising, when I first saw one image I couldn't really tell what the image was of, until on closer inspection I saw that it was of a naked woman. Until I noticed this I was really intrigued because at first to me, it didn't look like that of a woman's naked body. I believe that the image was perfectly conceived that, it didn't look like the female form. It was tastefully created. At first I just noticed the lines and thought that this was a really beautiful and interesting photograph. 


No comments:

Post a Comment