Sunday 26 April 2015

James Hayward //

Hayward’s paintings are divided into two bodies of work: flat paintings from 1975-1984, and thick paintings from 1984 to the present. He works in series, some of which are ongoing, and include The Annunciations, The Stations of the Cross, the Red Maps, Fire Paintings, Smoke Paintings, Sacred and Profane and Nothing’s Perfect series.

The movements he is associated with are: Abstract paintings, monochrome paintings, process art and that of minimalism. 

My Own Opinions:
I actually really like this work, I find it to remind me of thick acrylic paint on canvas. I like the texture that this art gives off, I think that if you were to touch this in an art gallery or even that of a museum, I think that it would have a rather nice feel towards it.



No comments:

Post a Comment