Sunday 26 April 2015

Frank Lloyd Wright //

Frank Lloyd Wright was an American architect, interior 
designer, writer, and he was also an educator. He has designed more than 1,000 structures, 532 of which were completed. Wright believed in designing structures that were in harmony with humanity and its environment, a philosophy he called organic architecture. This philosophy was best exemplified by Fallingwater (1935), which has been called “the best all-time work of American architecture”.

In 1915, the Japanese Emperor commissioned Wright to design the Imperial Hotel in Tokyo. He spent the next seven years on the project, a beautiful and revolutionary building that Wright claimed was “earthquake proof.” Only one year after its completion, the Great Kanto Earthquake of 1923 devastated the city and tested the architect’s claim. Wright’s Imperial Hotel was the city’s only large structure to survive the earthquake intact.

My own Opinion:
I think these architectural designs are really interesting, I like the way how modern these two buildings look. I also think that they look visually appealing. The photograph below I believe is to be a really interesting perception of modern architecture. I think that the way this house looks is to be beautiful yet, subtle. I like the way how the roof comes to a straight point and how it hangs over the rest of the house (right side roof). I also like how straight and clean this particular house looks, I think that the style suits the area surrounding the house itself. 






No comments:

Post a Comment