Wednesday 4 May 2016

JAY Z - Picasso Baby: A Performance Art Film

JAY Z - Picasso Baby: A Performance Art Film:

JAY Z performs "Picasso Baby" at the Pace Gallery in New York City. 
Explicitly inspired by the artist Marina Abramovic’s long performance at the Museum of Modern Art, “The Artist Is Present,” the video is called Picasso Baby: A Performance Art Film
 : A Performance Art Film." Directed by Mark Romanek.

//

I saw this video on FaceBook as I follow Marina Abramovic, I liked a recent post of hers and underneath it linked to three other videos that I may be interested in. As I saw the title: "JAY Z - Picasso Baby: A Performance Art Film", and I saw that the thumbnail was Marina and Jay-Z, I knew that I would be very interested in this video.

I thoroughly enjoyed the vibe of this video and as I am very interested in Marina's work I knew that I needed to put this onto my contextual blog. I also quite like Jay-Z and I found the balance that singing/rapping in a room of viewers is like performance art. I like that this concept was conceived and shown as it has, it's really powerful and the energy there was intense and interesting. 

Also, towards halfway in the film I like that multiple members of the audience had their chance with Jay-Z to show off their skills. Some people decided to sing, others dance. Some even danced with Jay-Z. I really like seeing Marina and Jay-Z together, as it was quite interesting to see the two together like they were in the video. Another part in the video that I really liked was when Jay-Z was sat with two little boys, I liked it because he had his arms around both, and was swaying with the music, then in another shot he put his gold chain over the youngest boy and picked him on the bench. I thought that this was really cute.

"Picasso Baby" Produced by Timbaland is available on JAY Z's "Magna Carta... Holy Grail." Available everywhere-smarturl.it/JayZMCHGex

"Picasso Baby" Now available on iTunes- smarturl.it/JAYZPicassoBabyVideo

JAY Z - Picasso Baby: A Performance Art Film from DERTV on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment