Wednesday 4 May 2016

A Sculptural Geometric Pop-Up Book By Tauba Auerbach

A Sculptural Geometric Pop-Up Book By Tauba Auerbach:

Tauba Auerbach (previously) partnered with Printed Matter to publish the project [2,3], a large-scale book that exists between a children’s pop-up and sculptural object. The project folds neatly into its own custom sleeve and contains six separate paper sculptures that spring to life when opened.

Director Sam Fleischner filmed the project’s unboxing, catching the sweetly satisfying sounds of the books creaking to open, and the objects inside slowing falling into place. You can see more of Auerbach’s designs on Instagram

I saw these amazing pop-up books from Colossal, as they posted it on Facebook which I follow them on. I was so intrigued by these amazing books that I thought they needed to put onto my contextual blog. Below are a few GIFs and JPGs of the books below. 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment