Wednesday 17 June 2015

| HELVETICA / AN ODE TO HELVETICA |

| HELVETICA | AN ODE TO HELVETICA |


Helvetica [An Ode to Helvetica] is on Behance is by Rui Xu.
" Helvetica [An Ode To Helvetica] Type Design from the last 50 years. Editorial design project about the film “Helvetica” directed by Gary Hustwit. It features biography, opinion and work by David Carson, Massimo Vignelli, Paula Scher, Erik Spiekermann, Neville Brody, Stefan Sagmeister, Experimental Jetset, Wim Crouwel, Michael C Place and Norm. "

I remember at University when Gary Hustwit came to talk to us about his debut film of "Helvetica", and when I was on Behance I saw on my activity that someone had created a book about the film, by Gary Hustwit. Above is his description of the work that he had produced for this particular set of work and below is the images of that book.

| I found that the book looked beautiful, I loved the subtle yellow on the cover and keeping that theme throughout the book was very clever. I also liked that on the David Carson title page, there was a picture of him with the same yellow. 






No comments:

Post a Comment