Friday 21 November 2014

Ted Lawson // Ghost in the Machine // 48″ x 96″ // Blood on paper // 2014

"Using figurative representation and geometric abstraction, Ted Lawson creates a narrative progression of forms that reveals something conceptually greater than the sum of their parts. Ted’s large scale works combine digital technology with highly crafted traditional sculpting methods to seamlessly produce conceptual objects that express the underlying analog truth within his subject matter. His working process in an exploration into the human existential experience through imagined models of the universe as physical form. 
He has been living and working in New York City creating original works from his studio in Greenpoint, Brooklyn."

//

I like Ted's work, I like the way that his work is so personally connected, I especially like this piece. I like that his blood is the ink to his printer. Even though this form of work makes me feel a little queasy, I still really like it. The reason for this is that it is really interesting and I like the way it has been created and formed. I also give credit to him for having to keep his blood sugar up all the way through this, and have to drink juice all the time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment